Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thing 3 - RSS

Played around a bit with adding some RSS feeds to my Google. Added a few news feeds, our own library blog feed, as well as this here blog, just for fun. So I'll get notified when I post this. :) I can see how a lot of people would like this. I haven't used it before because, to be honest, I just don't have that many blogs and sites that I look at regularly. But I may use it anyway. We'll see.

I have seen that Google and others have a little RSS news feed box that you can add to your website. At least, I think it's an RSS. I'll have to look at it again. But that might be a nice thing to add to a library website, especially with local news. Hmm. I'll have to check to see if our paper or Rochester's has a feed and add that to my list.

I also wish the link for adding a blog to your feed was a little more prominent. Maybe it's just because I'm just venturing into the blogosphere, but it took me a while to figure out that it was at the bottom of the page. Silly me, I was looking for that little orange icon...

No comments: